OddFix

Odd things, daily.

Man dies after friends put eel in his anus

A 59-year-old Chinese man was taken to Sichuan hospital with abdominal pain, dehydration, and severe anal bleeding. Doctors, who were perplexed by his condition, performed an exploratory laparotomy. They then discovered a 50cm long Asian swamp eel lodged in his rectum. 

The eel was dead when doctors found it, but before it died it had thrashed, bitten and gnawed its way the man’s intestines, causing internal bleeding and infection. The man claimed not to know how the animal found its way into his rectum, although suggested it could have something to do with eating a lot of eel the day before.

After 10 days in extensive care, the man died.

It was eventually discovered that he had been out drinking with friends and had passed out. His friends had then decided to put a live eel into his anus while he was asleep, for a laugh.

Advertisements

3 comments on “Man dies after friends put eel in his anus

  1. Shane Gowland
    October 7, 2012

    I suspect I’m going to have nightmares about this.

    • oddfix
      October 7, 2012

      Seriously… And what I’d like to know is, what were his friends doing with live eel?

  2. Pingback: There must be an abundance of eels in China | Lousy Sauce

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Information

This entry was posted on September 29, 2012 by in Weird nature, Weird people.

Join 246 other followers

Categories

%d bloggers like this: